Owners, operators & sponsors
Utilita Arena Sheffield
The Utilita Arena Sheffield is an SCT venue. Energy company Utilita are the current naming rights partner with a 5 year deal starting September 2021. The Arena has previously held three title sponsors, radio station Hallam FM, car supermarket Motorpoint & Doncaster Sheffield Airport.
The Arena Club hospitality facility has been previously sponsored by Best Solicitors & SIS with our VIP Members Club Lounge being previously sponsored by local radio station Heart.
If you would like to enquire about future sponsorship opportunites contact Kerrie Shakeshaft, Business Development Manager via email Kerrie.Shakeshaft@sheffieldcitytrust.org.
At SCT, we believe in the benefit of being active and enjoying life. We’re here to make everyone #feelgood. SCT is Sheffield City Trust. We were created in 1990 to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Sheffield. We are focussed on inspiring people to be active, to enjoy sociable activities with friends and to deliver a lasting legacy of venues built for the 1991 World Student Games.
As a charity, our not-for-profit status means that any surplus is reinvested in improving our venues and activities to ensure that we are here for the communities we serve. Since 1990, we have invested around £50m in improving our facilities and reaching more local communities with our activities.
Our swimming and athletics facilities might be used by current and future Olympians, but we’re proud that all of our venues are open to everyone. Our Fitness Unlimited members benefit from programmes that extend well beyond the best gyms in Sheffield. But we’re not just about exercise. Our golf courses celebrate our fine green spaces and a shared, social experience. Our entertainment venues host the world's finest performers, making Sheffield City Trust one of the most successful leisure trusts in the country.
Part of the Community
We’re proud of our Sheffield roots. Actively working with Sheffield City Council, Activity Sheffield and small local clubs and organisations to help reach all parts of our community. A founding partner of MoveMore, we’re excited by our ambition to make Sheffield to be most active city by 2020.
Supported by a Board of Trustees
As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re managed by a board of trustees from a range of backgrounds. This brings a comprehensive mix of professional skills & knowledge providing strategic direction to the organisation.
SCTLive, part of Sheffield City Trust - Charity Registration Number: 700520. Registered in England. Registered Charity Address: Riverside East, 2 Millsands, Sheffield S3 8DT.
Utilita is Britain’s leading Smart Pay as You Go Energy provider, specialising in innovative technology that puts its customers in better control of their energy usage and spend than ever before.
• Utilita is the only energy company created to help households use and waste less energy, by giving them better control via digital technology, including a multi-award-winning smartphone app (USwitch Awards best app 2020 and 2018)
• Utilita specialises in Pay As You Go energy and smart metering
• Thanks to having better control, Utilita customers use around 11% less energy than the average bill paying household
• Utilita was founded in 2003 by energy industry expert and conservationist Bill Bullen, the company’s CEO
• Utilita is the energy company of choice for 830,000* customers across the UK (*as of August 2021)
• Utilita installed Britain’s first ever smart meter in 2005. In 2020, about 90% of its customers – the highest percentage of any UK supplier – have one installed
• Utilita’s free ‘My Utilita’ app is currently being used by 450,000 of its customers, who enjoy the benefits of instant top-ups and access to real-time energy usage data
• Utilita triumphed in the Best Energy Efficiency and Best Smart Meter Installation categories in the Uswitch Energy Awards 2021
• Utilita’s Energy High5 positive behaviour change campaign has so far reached 3.8m households – educating them on how they can waste less energy and save up to
£163 by making five simple and free-of-charge adjustments to the way they use energy at home.
Ticketmaster UK, a Live Nation Entertainment company, has announced an exclusive ticketing partnership with SCTLive, part of Sheffield City Trust. SCTLive operates the Sheffield Arena & Sheffield City Hall.
The long-term deal will see Ticketmaster introduce digital ticketing into SCTLive’s venues for the very first time. This new ticketing system will make fans’ lives easier, increase security and avoid paper waste too. The technology will see SIVLive reach more fans with even greater content, as the venues gain access to Ticketmaster’s unrivalled marketing support.
Dominic Stokes, Head of SCTLive said: Ticketmaster’s recent work in digital ticketing has been groundbreaking and exceeded expectations, so it is really exciting to partner with them. This move will give us more control and give fans the best possible experience when entering our venues.
Andrew Parsons, Managing Director of Ticketmaster UK said: It’s an honour to say we will be working with SCTLive, further demonstrating our commitment to providing venues with the best possible ticketing technology. We think mobile-first with everything we do, from how fans discover events through to digital entry and we’re looking forward to bringing that ethos to Sheffield’s most important and busiest venues.
Ticketmaster has already demonstrated the success of digital ticketing with the technology being used across all AMG venues in the UK, including O2 Academy Brixton and O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, and most recently at festivals Lovebox, Citadel and SW4.
Ticketmaster is the global and local market leader in live event ticketing, digital marketing, and mobile fan engagement tools that drive over 500 million tickets to fans in 29 countries.
The Arena has a number of official suppliers including Coca Cola (soft drinks); Carlsberg (lager); Rollover (Hot Dogs), Cadbury (Confectionary) & VK (Hooch).